Introduction and Acceptance of Agreement
Who May Use our Services
You may use our Services only if you can form a binding contract with Suraasa, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you create your Suraasa account, and subsequently when you use certain features, you must provide us with accurate and complete information, and you agree to update your information to keep it accurate and complete. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited, and certain regions and Content Offerings may have additional requirements and/or restrictions.
Our License to You
Subject to these Terms and our policies (including the Acceptable Use Policy, Honor Code, and course-specific eligibility requirements, and other terms), we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Services. You may download content from our Services only for your personal, non-commercial use, unless you obtain Suraasa’s written permission to otherwise use the content. You also agree that you will create, access, and/or use only one user account, unless expressly permitted by Suraasa, and you will not share with any third-party access to or access information for your account. Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access.
Course Enrollment and Lifetime Access
As a student, when you enroll in a course, whether it’s a free or paid course, you are getting from Suraasa a license to view the course via the Suraasa platform and Services, and Suraasa is the licensor of record. Courses are licensed for the duration of validity of the course as specified on the course page,, and not sold to you. This license does not give you any right to resell the course in any manner (including by sharing account information with a purchaser or illegally downloading the course and sharing it on torrent sites).
In legal, more complete terms, Suraasa grants you (as a student) a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and view the courses and associated content for which you have paid all required fees, solely for your personal, non-commercial, educational purposes through the Services, in accordance with these Terms and any conditions or restrictions associated with a particular courses or feature of our Services. All other uses are expressly prohibited. You may not reproduce, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, sublicense, or otherwise transfer or use any course unless we give you explicit permission to do so in a written agreement signed by a Suraasa authorized representative. This also applies to content you can access via any of our APIs.
We generally give a one-year access license to our students when they enroll in a course. However, we reserve the right to revoke any license to access and use courses at any point in time in the event where we decide or are obligated to disable access to a course due to legal or policy reasons.
24 hours of your purchase of the course, that Suraasa credit/refund your account. We reserve the right to apply a credit or a refund, at our discretion, depending on capabilities of our payment processing partners or the platform from which you purchased your course (website, mobile or TV app). No credit or refund is due to you if you request it after the 24-hour guarantee time limit has passed.
To request a credit/refund, follow the steps here
At our discretion, if we believe you are abusing our refund policy, we reserve the right to ban your account and to restrict all future use of the Services. If we ban your account or disable your access to a course due to your violation of these Terms or our Trust & Safety Guidelines, you will not be eligible to receive any refund.
Suraasa is committed to advancing the science of learning and teaching, and records of your participation in courses may be used for education research. In the interest of this research, you may be exposed to variations in the Content Offerings. Research findings will typically be reported at the aggregate level. Your personal identity will not be publicly disclosed in any research findings without your express consent.
Modifying and Terminating our Services
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements, and we may suspend or stop part of our Services altogether. Accordingly, Suraasa may terminate your use of any Service for any reason. If your use of a paid Service is terminated, a refund may be available under our Refund Policy. We may not be able to deliver the Services to certain regions or countries for various reasons, including due to applicable export control requirements or internet access limitations and restrictions from governments. None of Suraasa, its instructors, its contributors, sponsors, and other business partners, and their employees, contractors, and other agents shall have any liability to you for any such action. You can stop using our Services at any time, although we’ll be sorry to see you go.
The services and all included content are provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. The Suraasa parties specifically disclaim any and all warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, and any warranties arising out of course of dealing or usage of trade. The Suraasa parties further disclaim any and all liability related to your access or use of the services or any related content. You acknowledge and agree that any access to or use of the services or such content is at your own risk.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Suraasa parties shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, or any loss of profits or revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any loss of data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from: (a) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the services; (b) any conduct or content of any party other than the applicable Suraasa party, including without limitation, any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct; or (c) unauthorized access, use, or alteration of your content or information. In no event shall Suraasa’s aggregate liability for all claims related to the services exceed the total amount of fees received by Suraasa from you for the use of paid services during the past 2 months. You also agree to forego any and all claims older than 2 months from the date of complaint of related services.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Suraasa Parties from any and all claims, liabilities, expenses, and damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, made by any third party related to: (a) your use or attempted use of the Services in violation of these Terms; (b) your violation of any law or rights of any third party; or (c) User Content, including without limitation any claim of infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Pedagogical Transformations Pvt Ltd, which is located in Dubai, UAE. You agree that any dispute related to these Terms will be governed by the laws of Dubai, UAE, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You further consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the courts located in and serving Dubai, UAE as the legal forum for any such dispute.
Revisions to the Terms
We reserve the right to revise the Terms at our sole discretion at any time. Any revisions to the Terms will be effective immediately upon posting by us. For any material changes to the Terms, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of such changes, via a banner on the website, email notification, another method, or combination of methods. In all cases, your continued use of the Services after publication of such changes, with or without notification, constitutes binding acceptance of the revised Terms.
Suraasa’s mission is to provide universal access to the world’s best teacher education. We believe strongly in preserving free speech and expression for our users as well as academic freedom for our instructors. We also want to make sure that all of our users feel safe and comfortable while using our Services. We have drafted this Policy to ensure that people understand and follow the rules when participating in our online community and otherwise using our Services.
We may remove or edit inappropriate content or activity identified by or reported to us or suspend, disable, or terminate a user’s access to all or part of the Services.
You are prohibited from using our Services to share content that:
- Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities. Please keep in mind that users who are as young as 13 use Suraasa, and we do not allow content that is inappropriate for these younger users.
- Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence. We don’t allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
- Harrasses others. We encourage commentary about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise inappropriate content directed at private individuals is not allowed.
- Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner.
- Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
You also aren’t allowed to:
- Do anything that violates local, state, national, or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Attempt to access any other user’s account.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Services, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Try to reverse engineer any portion of our Services.
- Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
- Use our Services to distribute malware.
- Use our Services or any functionality of the Suraasa platform for anything other than for completing online courses or for pedagogical purposes.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.